Wednesday 5 February 2014

New Sappho Poem

Amazing that an apparently authentic new Sappho poem has been discovered this late in the day: excellent TLS article here. But knowing the history of Shakespearean forgeries (John S's 'spiritual testimony', the imaginary performance of Hamlet off the coast of Sierra Leone in 1607 ...), one always wonders. Assume the article will be in this week's print TLS. Which will also include a long commentary piece regarding which my breath is, er, bated.

I rather like that this blog has almost no followers. 'Fit audience, though few'. Makes it more of a diary space, place for private musing.

2 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog - via Shakespeare MOOC - and intend to follow.

    ReplyDelete

  2. This post is really informative to all kind of people. I am very happy to see the post. I will request you to give more information about this. I have gotten many knowladable speech form here. I have also website where you can get some knowledge which may be for your welfare. Visit here…..
    poem

    ReplyDelete